To begin the registration process:
When it comes to summer camp, we’re the experts in awesome adventures! Offering active days spent learning new skills and making lifelong friends, Y Day Camp offers fun camp activities to engage brains, exploration activities to encourage kids to try new things and plenty of physical activity and games to keep bodies moving.
- View our English Registration Checklist or Spanish Registration Checklist to expedite the sign-up process
- View our Parent Handbook
- Must be a YMCA Facility or Impact Member to register your child for camp.
- After you have become a member you can register for camp.
- If you need financial assistance, please visit your local YMCA. You will need to bring your most recent tax return or a no filing letter for income verification. Financial assistance is available from other subsides as well.
- If your child has any special needs or will need special accommodations while in our care, please contact your local Y prior to starting the registration process.
Your child will not be enrolled in the camp until we receive the following:
- Signed registration form
- Completed and signed General Liability Waiver
- Received or scheduled payment
We ask that you have the following information available when you begin the online registration process:
- Name of camp location
- Name of the school where your child will attend
- Child’s student ID number (This number is issued by the school. The number is on your child’s report card or it is your child’s lunch number. You can obtain it by calling the school.)
- Emergency contact information for someone other than yourself (not a parent or guardian)
- Parent/Guardian name, address and phone number
- Release of contact information
- Insurance information
- Physician’s information
- Hospital information
- Shot record
- Payment information
Benefits of Summer Camp:
On the surface, summer day camp is a fun getaway for kids to help fill the time during summer break. But on a deeper level, it’s so much more. Summer camp is a supportive, creative, nurturing environment where kids will grow physically and emotionally, improving self-esteem. Kids also make new friends. Almost every camper says that camp helped them make friends and camp helped them get to know kids who were different from themselves. Campers bond through fun activities and challenges, helping them make memories that will last a lifetime.
At Y Day Camp, kids will learn new skills by being exposed to new situations and engaging curriculum. With new challenges, comes less screen time! Many parents struggle in the summer with getting their children off of computers and outside to play. Y camps are the perfect solution to this problem. Too much screen time can lead to boredom, sleep issues, eyesight difficulties and a sedentary summer – not at the Y! We’ll have your kiddo up, moving and grooving each and every day.
“My child has been going to YMCA Summer Day Camp since she was 6 and loves it more every year. Camp has taught her many important lessons about herself and others. The growth in her self-confidence has been measurable. She comes home standing tall and proud of her day’s accomplishments. Her amazing counselors have also taught her empathy and responsibility. She even says she wants to be a counselor when she grows up! I highly recommend camp for any child.”