Labor of Love Race
5 Things to Get You Moving
The American Heart Associate recommends thirty minutes a day of physical activity to reduce the chance of heart disease and improve your cardiovascular health. This can include a variety of activities that are included in your Y membership.
1. Sign Up for a Personalized Wellness Plan at Member Services. This is a great way to review your goals and create a plan to get moving to create lasting change and live a healthy lifestyle.
2. Go for a Walk! The simplest, positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health is to start walking. It’s enjoyable, free, easy, social and great exercise. A walking program is flexible and boasts high success rates because people can stick with it. It’s easy for walking to become a regular and satisfying part of life.
3. Try a group fitness class at the Y! We offer classes for all levels! Try a beginning boxing series, or a cardio hip hop class or cycling. These are just a few options, figure out what you enjoy and get moving!
4. Go Dancing! Plan a night to dance in your living room or at your favorite local spot. Dancing is a great form of cardio that can get your heart rate up!
5. Bring a friend or loved one to the Y! Your health begins with you, but your family and community have a part in it as well. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices. Encourage your family and friends to attend the Y with you to receive the knowledge and resources to live a healthy life.